Re: egcs 1.1.2 for kernel compilation

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 12:36:27 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Has anybody packaged egcs 1.1.2 for kernel compilation?

I did some work on it, but abandoned it as I've encountered no problems with
2.95.x in my configurations. There's a diff at
	http://www.cistron.nl/~jhm/egcs_1.1.2-0.diff.gz

> It's still the official compiler for the Linux kernel,

2.95.3 is listed as the current minimal requirement for 2.4.x kernels.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.