Gnome menu item and prompting

I'm trying Gnome+Sawfish and so far I like the combo. I've found one
thing I miss from just plain Windowmaker, adding a menu item that
prompts you for information. In WindowMaker I just added the
%a(Prompt) to a menu item and WindowMaker would prompt me for text and
put that into the command before executing the command. So I had
entries in one of my menus like:

        usr/bin/X11/xterm -e ssh -X %a(host:)

so WindowMaker would prompt me with a dialog box and "host:" as a
prompt and then I'd type in the host name and WindowMaker would
execute the command with "%a(host:)" replaced by my response.

Is there a way to do this in a Gnome menu?

Thanks,
Gary