Re: Getting gnome file manager to use acroread instead of xpdf

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 09:36:20PM -0700, Dave Carrigan wrote:
> I am having a bear of a time getting the file manager to launch acroread
> instead of xpdf when I double click on a .pdf file. It insists on
> running xpdf. I went to the Control Center->File Types and selected the
> application/pdf mime type. The default action is set to "Open with
> Application" and I made sure that I had Adobe Acrobat Reader selected
> from the popug menu. However, that didn't work; the file manager still
> launched xpdf.
>
> I tried editing the list and unchecking all applications except for
> acroread. No joy. I tried adding a "My Acroread" application to the
> list, with no luck.

A while back, I had the same problem with gmc, I tried to change the
association from xanim to mtv without success.

In researching the problem on the net, the problem was a common one &
the general consensious was that it was a bug, & not going to be fixed
anytime soon.

I started using filerunner which allowed me to change associations.

I'm running sid with kde now, so maybe recent upgrades have fixed the
problem, but haven't revisited gnome to find out.

John
--
 Using [Debian] Linux