Re: Not Resolving on new box

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Simon Law wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Adahma Ashirah wrote:
>
> > and can't find any problems.  Can anyone give me a list of ANY file that
> > might effect this process?  I've tried for 2 days now, and I'm at wits
> > end.
> >
> 	Check your /etc/resolv.conf.  Make sure you have a line that
> says:
> nameserver www.xxx.yyy.zzz  # Where www.xxx.yyy.zzz is the IP of your DNS server

WOW!  Do I feel like a jackass!  I've looked at that file over and over,
and didn't catch the problem until I rec'd this e-mail.  The IP address of
the servers were in there, but "nameserver" was not.  Thanks a million!  I
was looking but not seeing....

Of course I'm still baffled as to what might have initiated such a
change...guess it's time to talk to the kids. :P

Thanks again!

jdk