nslookup disappearing?

This message appears when I run Woody's nslookup:

  Note: nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
  consider using the 'dig' or 'host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
  the '-si[lent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.

Has nslookup really fallen out of favor with users?  What's
wrong with it?  I've always considered dig a low-level tool
mostly for problem-solving.  Host is not interactive AFAIK.

If nslookup goes, how long before we lose ping and traceroute?  :)

Best,

  -=greg