Re: apt-get sites

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 07:59:14AM -0700, neville seed wrote:
> I am new to debian and am trying to find out where I
> should direct apt-get.
>
> I have a basic install of debian but would like to
> obtain some other parts and have updates via the www.

Debian Planet has a good repository of unofficial apt sources:
http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/apt-sources/

Mostly these are good for getting backports of new releases of software
for the current release of Debian (i.e. if some software package was
released after Debian 2.2, but you want packages of it built for 2.2).
Most software is already in the official Debian archives if the
terms of distribution allow it.

noah