Debian package security

Hi all,

It seems to me that this message belongs here rather than on
debian-security or debian-security-announce, but please correct me if I'm
wrong.  :)

I am running Debian potato on a number of machines. I have downloaded
potato from the net, and used apt-move to make a local mirror on one of my
local servers.  I add any new packages I download to this mirror.

I would like to check the packages on my mirror for security, against the
packages in the official Debian site or an official mirror thereof.  I'm
sure that a distribution as security-conscious as Debian must provide
tools for this.

Best regards,

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus