Re: smbfs help

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 07:43:37PM -0400, Sunny Dubey wrote:
| hey,
|
| On a win2k machine, I have the "d drive" shared as a share called SEC.
| However when I try to mount the drive on linux (using the following command)
| it just says failed ...
|
| bash-2.05# mount -t smbfs -o username=family,password=family //main/sec
| /mnt/smb/
| 1025: Connection to main failed
| SMB connection failed

Try specifying the workgroup.  I have seen this error at school if I
don't specify workgroup, username, and/or password correctly.  Also
try adjusting the case of the name; it shouldn't be case-sensitive but
it might be acting a little weird (one time I couldn't mount a share I
knew was there from the command line, but I could with gnomba).

HTH,
-D