Re: unknown operator: ri

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:36:55 +0100, Pedro António Neves <paneves@ualg.pt> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I get this error message (see subj line) on Ghostscript when I'm reading
> some
> of my PDF files. It doesn't happen with all PDF's, only the ones the
> were
> captured from the web via Adobe Acrobat 5 (I think!!).
> What is "ri" and how can I solve the problem?
> Any ideas?

My guess would be its a newer operator used in PDF's that your version
of Ghostscript doesn't know about.  Perhaps a newer Ghostscript supports
it?  There are experimental debs for alladin-gs 6.0, don't know if they
are being built for Potato users as well as unstable/testing...  AFAIK,
Adobe hasn't yet produced a version 5 reader for *nix systems yet (Windows
and Mac only).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>