Re: easy libc6 2.2.4-2 fix

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 01:18:17PM -0700, Jeremiah Mahler wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 08:19:50AM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
> > Nice, but I found it simpler just to run dselect and mark the libc6 and
> > locale packages with the "hold" flag after manually downgrading to 2.2.4-1.
>
> What is this "hold" flag you speak of?  I had trouble with 'dselect'
> because every time marked the packed to not be processed ('=') it
> automatically changed it.  I tried this after manually downdgrading
> like what you describe.

When you mark libc6 2.2.4-1 as hold in dselect, it will display a
conflict resolution screen because the newer versions of libc6-dev,
locales, and whatever other glibc packages you have installed depend on
libc6 2.2.4-2. In the conflict resolution screen, use 'R' to revert all
the messy changes dselect will probably have guessed, mark all of libc6,
libc6-dev, locales, etc. as hold with '=' as before, then press Enter.
That should set the hold flag on all the necessary packages.

(This sounds a bit complicated, but it becomes nearly instinctive after
using dselect for a while.)

Cheers,