Debian Distribution

I am very intrested in trying the debian distribution, but I am having
trouble with the way debian wants me to get the cd.  I really dont feel like
spending money on something i could get for free, so i dont want to pay for
a cd set.  Also I am having some real trouble with this program that the
give out for makeing official CD's.  First I cant seem to get on any of the
servers that i need to to get the files that this thing needs.  Maybe they
are down or soemthing.  But in any case I have seen people complaining about
some problems with the cd's not copying the images right.  I dont know maybe
Im just reading the posts wrong.  In anycase I was wondering why debian
dosent put iso images on the net for download.  Yes these do increase the
trafic, but i think it would be alot easier.  I downloaded the iso images
from red hat and that was easy and very quik since i was on a cable modem.
I was just wondering if any one knew were i could get iso images of all the
debian cd's for i386 archetecture.  Thank you in advance.