Re: Hardware Requirement for Debian

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 06:44:48PM +0800, Andy Chan wrote:
| Dear all,
|
|     I am SOHO man. I wanna build up one ASP Server (running Debian, Tomcat,
| PostgreSQL, ...) to serve my client. If I use following hardware to setup
| that server, is possible to serve around 50 cocurrent users. Please advice.
|
| AMD 1.2G
| 512 MB RAM
| 2 x 40GB IDE Hard Disk (RAID 0)
| DDS 3 Backup Drive

It doesn't look like anyone has responded yet so I'll venture a
response.

What are these 50 concurrent users going to be doing?  Is it CPU
intensive?  Is it disk intensive?  Is it memory intensive?  Really the
hardware requirements are dependent on the usage and AFAIK they can
only be reliably determined by actually running the thing.

BTW, IIRC ASP is a Microsoft product so you won't be able to set up an
ASP system on Debian.

HTH,
-D