Re: Fw: Simple way to downgrade libc6 (fix Konqueror, Mozilla and Galeon problems)

> Given the current interest in downgrading libc6, to enable unstable
> Konqueror, Mozilla or Galeon to function correctly, I thought I would
> post the simplest method of downgrade.
>
> # apt-get install libc6=2.2.4-1
>
> This of course assumes you have testing listed in your apt.sources:
>
> deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian testing main

Here's what happens when I try that:

eeyore:/home/hall# apt-get install libc6=2.2.4-1
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:

<snipped list of (40) packages>

The following packages will be DOWNGRADED
  libc6
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 40 to remove and
16 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 3417kB of archives. After unpacking 67.3MB will be freed.

That's not what you intended, is it ?? I am running unstable though...

Also, if I did get this to work, what's the dpkg command that tells it
*not* to upgrade libc6, that I want to keep this existing version ??

Regards
Hall