Re: floppy - permissions? Can't write to floppy!

      In the end I found out that the nature of the
difficulty is fundamentally mechanichal (Hardware) - I
tried to re-install Debian and could not create a boot
floppy.
  Thanks for the tip on www.basiclinux.net - want to
take those courses.
  Sincerely - Mr. Jan Hearthstone.

--- ajlewis2@intac.com wrote:
> In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> >    I just wish there would be a way for those who
> do
> > not want to learn programming, and any other
> technical
> > stuff, but just to USE a computer for whatever, to
> > learn to use LINUX. I have been trying to learn
> LINUX
> > for ages, and it is not getting easier, and I am
> not a
> > complete idiot either, - I know of others who
> share my
> > sentiments.
> >   I did not understand a 20% of you were trying to
> > tell me, but  - no need to reply, - for at least
> now I
> > am giving up Debian, - there just is not any help
> with
> > learning it, and I do not have all the time in the
> > world either.
> >   Thank you, sincerely - Mr. Jan Hearthstone.
>
> You would probably have much better luck with RedHat
> 7.1.  If you decide to
> try linux again, consider getting RedHat.  It's
> easier to install and
> configure than Debian.
>
> It is true that generally to use linux you don't
> need to know all this
> stuff, but to fix it you need to learn it.  I found
> "Running Linux" very
> helpful.  I have also taken an online course which
> was helpful.  The next
> one begins the first Monday in November.
> www.basiclinux.net
>
> Anita

=====

Modelling the Future