cupsys + gimp-print problems

I installed cupsys and the gimp-print drivers for it. Whle trying to
setup my printer (Epson Stylus Color 900) I choose the correct driver:

Epson Stylus Color 900, CUPS+GIMP-print v4.1.99-b1 (en)

However my printer doesn't print. It either spits out blank pages, or
prints one character on each page. Ok, so I went back to see if I
accidently click on the wrong driver and it says the driver is:

Epson Stylus Color 900, CUPS+GIMP-print v4.1.99-b1 (it)

I change it to (en) and then tried it again, same 'ol problem. So I went
back again and sure enough, it had changed on it's own to (it). No
matter what I do, it goes with that driver. Anyone know what the deal
is?

TIA,
Ron