Re: libc6 upgrade question

 Subject: Re: libc6 upgrade question

 On Tuesday Sep 25 13:07 Gerald Richter wrote:
 > ** Hello Debusers!
 > **
 > ** I'm running a potato 2.2.19-pre17
 > ** installed reiserfs-patch... OK
 > ** kernel compiled OK
 > ** installing reiserfsprogs caused a dependency-problem requiring libc6
 > ** >=2.2.7, currently installed libc6: 2.1.3-xy.
 > **
 > ** The reiserprogs did install though... so I guess I will experience
 > ** problems without updating the libc6.
 > **
 > ** How do I easily integrate the libc6?
 > ** Is it again connected with any compatibility-probs.?

 The current libc6 version of woody depends on nothing. But you
 need to update locales. Also a package from glibc source.
 However, you sholdn't update your libc6 if you have no problems
 with reiserprogs. I did this bevore some months. All was fine.
 But since i use Woody i saw: a Potato with libc6 of Woody is
 much slower. Seems that the Woody libc6 is too new for Potato.

 Timo

 --
 Nothing is impossible!

 You only need to know the way.