'vt320': unknown terminal type.

Hello there! I just did apt-get install ssh and enabled ssh server... I'm
trying to connect to the debian machine from a win box using tera term, it
connects fine, but if i do a clear, or try to run mc or pine or mutt i get
'vt320': unknown terminal type. and other errors related to that...

I've tryed changing the terminal type to all possible types in teraterm
and the error is always the same ('vt320': unknown terminal type.)

Please advise!

Thanks!