Arrgh! Why did I wait so long?

I have been postponing attempting to upgrade to testing on any of my
computers because I've just got a regular modem and thought it would take
too long.  I finally bit the bullet this week.  I've got a hand-me-down
laptop that I'm putting Debian on.  The problem is that under xfree  3.3.6,
it only supports VGA16 bleeah.  Rumor has it though, that xfree 4.0 supports
it much better.  So now I had real incentive to upgrade to testing.

I finally got the pcmcia modem working and last night I did the
apt-get --download-only dist-upgrade thing.  It was 11:30 by then, so I
haven't installed it yet.

Here's the thing.  It only took 5 hours.  Somehow, I expected it to take
nights of downloads.  Now I wish I had upgraded sooner.

Yet another reason I love Debian.  I can't imagine going back to any other
distribution.

dar