Re: vim 6.0 packages

On 27 Sep 2001, wouter@debian.org wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
> > Previously wouter@debian.org wrote:
> > > Just use an epoch, please. That's what it's for.
> >
> > No, those package were never uploaded to debian
>
> Ah. That does change things a bit.
>
> <crawls back to his cave>
>
> --
> wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in Belgium
>
> This is Linux world. On a quiet day, you can hear Windows reboot.
>

> --

As a dedicated vim user, I always use the source tarballs, which IME
always compile flawlessly and install themselves in /usr/local, thus
leaving Debian undisturbed. It's easy to have the latest incarnation of
this brilliant editor if you do it this way.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Debian GNU/Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Man can do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wills. [Schopenhauer]