Re: auto power off capabilites under linux

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 01:34:34AM +0100, Alex Hunsley wrote:
> The motherboard I am running my debian setup on is quite modern (ABit BP7) and
> has capabilities to auto-power off at shutdown - windows does this ok. The
> default behaviour of debian is to say "Power off" after halt, at which point I
> manually turn off the power. Is it possible to get some sort of driver to allow
> debian to auto power-off the machine like windows does?

	Depending on the kernel you are running, it may be as simple
	as loading the apm module at boot. run modconf and insert the
	apm driver into the kernel - I think it lives in
	kernel/arch/i386 - at least in 2.4.x I did this, and the
	system automagically powered itself off when shutting down.

HTH,
--
Mike Alborn <malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org>
# pgp keyid: C36DC30D

Don't try to have the last word -- you might get it.
		-- Lazarus Long