Re: OT: screen command

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 07:44:21PM +0100,
Stuart_Luscombe@computacenter.com wrote:
> When I am SSH'd into a server and then use the screen  command, how do
> I detach/re-attach the screen if I am in the middle of running a
> process (apt/vim document etc.). I have read the man file and it talks
> about 'C-a' commands, but I cannot seem to work these out. I have
> tried Ctrl+alt, but this does not seem to work...

Right near the top of the screen(1) man page, it says:

  By default, each command begins with a control-a (abbreviated C-a from
  now on), and is followed by one other keystroke.

To detach, type Control-a d; to reattach, type 'screen -r', perhaps with
a pid.tty.host argument as printed by 'screen -ls', or just 'screen -R'
to reattach the first session it finds.