Re: Emacs question

Probably because c-mode uses the tab key to enforce an indentation
style. Try opening a loop in C, then using tab on the next line: it should
be indented according to the looping level of the program you're
writing. Most programming modes (e.g., perl-mode, cperl-mode) do the same
thing to assist with figuring out how deep the looping levels go.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA