Re: So many package tools, apt, dselect, dpkg, which should I choose?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 07:12:17AM +0000, Yuwen Dai wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I'm new to Debian but not new to Linux.  I find there're many packages in
> Debian.  I'm confused.  In what situation should I choose one?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Take a look at -
http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-pkgtools.html

I use apt-get for installing packages off the net.  If I have a .deb
locally on my machine I install with dpkg.
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."