Re: exim rewrite, sorry

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 06:38:34PM -0400, Giulio Morgan wrote:
> I can't make my exim rewrite line work...on a dial-up machine, no domain
>
> Here are what I think are the pertinent parts of my exim.conf
>
>    qualify_domain = SanMarco
>
>    # qualify_recipient =
>
>    local_domains = localhost:SanMarco
>
>    *@SanMarco    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
       ^^^^^
       should be your hostname + local domain
>                                                 {$value}fail} bcfrF
>
> >From /etc/email-addresses
> giulio: mickle@escape.com
  ^^^^^
this should be your username

> I know this is a problem which has been asked many times before, but after two
> frustrating days...I'm sorry for one more time
>
> Thank you very much for any help

My computer's hostname = scab
             domain    = nixnotes.org
             user name = kent
  email address I want = ktb@nixnotes.org

So I have the following -

/etc/email-addresses
kent: ktb@nixnotes.org

/etc/exim.conf
qualify_domain = scab.nixnotes.org
local_domains = localhost:scab.nixnotes.org

*@scab.nixnotes.org    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                                {$value}fail} bcfrF

Make sure you restart exim -
# /etc/init.d/exim reload

hth,
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."