Re: Ext3... what about it?

Adam McDaniel <adamm@psynch.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 05:17:39PM +0300, Samuli Suonpaa wrote:
>> Julio Merino <juli@merino.net> wrote:
>>> Can it be considered some "stable" now?
>> Quite.
> how about mixing it with other kernel harddrive magic, like raid or
> lvm?

My experience with LVM and ext3 limits to one machine, on which I have
used this combination for about a month without any problems. No
problems so far, even resizing logical volumes has worked like a
charm.

Before that I used reiserfs on LVM for a few months, also without any
real problems.

_But_, since I haven't been using this combination any longer, I
really cannot make any statements on it's reliability.

Oh, and I have used -ac -kernels all the time.

> I assume that wouldn't make any difference, but its on my lvm that i
> really could use ext3. Except ofcourse the info on the lvm is very
> difficult to backup somewhere else becuase of its size... just
> incase anything went wrong :)

Which reminds me... I'd gladly hear comments on LVM snapshots, if
anyone has experience with them. Do they work reliably enough to be
used for serious backups?

Suonpää...