Can Linux use a Microsoft Proxy Server to access the Internet?

Hello all,

The company I work for has a Windows NT 4.0 Server connected to an ISP through a T1 (I think). Anyways, this machine has a Microsoft Proxy Server (SOCKS5, I think) and every other machine on the network access the Internet using Microsoft Proxy Client 2.0.

I have Debian (potato) installed on one of the machines, and the network is properly configured (I can ping the proxy server). I have managed to configure a Web Browser (such as Netscape) to use the proxy, but what I want to do is to have apt use the proxy to access the Internet.

Is there any way to do that at all? Like, configuring a gateway or something? Is there any Windows Software that, if installed on the server, allows Linux boxes to access the Internet through that server? Any kernel modules specially for that?

Thanks,
	- Vítor

Vítor Estêvão Silva Souza
vitor.souza@terra.com.br