Re: Serving web pages for local use only

Set the ServerName directive to localhost or 127.0.0.1
That should be in /etc/apache/httpd.conf file

You also need to do

    apachectl start

as root.

To run Perl CGI scripts, you need to setup ScriptAlias directive in
httpd.conf. This should be created for you when you install Apache. Find out
if it is commented, if it is then uncomment it.

--
bpdp