Re: locking console under screen

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:15:00AM -0600, Adam McDaniel wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 05:18:41PM +0200, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > as the subject says...
> > but when you authenticate aourself with the password, the opened
> > multiple logins are lost, and cant be accessed anymore.
> so you're saying, each time you logon to the machine you get kicked
> out of all your other previously logged in sessions?
>
> > is there a way to obtain posession of a stranded bash again, by binding
> > it to a tty again?
> not really, the best way to do it is to just chop it off with a kill -9
> on the process, imo. What happens when you ssh/telnet into the box?
> does the same thing happen or are you able to login and stay in?

the problem is, that when I log in on tty2, I then start screen, open
some windows & apps...
26419 tty2     S      0:00 -bash
11937 tty2     S      0:00  \_ screen
11938 ?        S      0:00      \_ SCREEN
11939 pts/4    S      0:00          \_ /bin/bash
11942 pts/5    S      0:00          \_ /bin/bash
11945 pts/6    S      0:00          \_ /bin/bash
11948 pts/6    R      0:00              \_ ps axf

then comes the time for a break and I lock screen to protect the
root-login. processes stille show the same tree-structure.

when i come back, i type the password and do have a fine shell as
before, but it seems, that all the other windows with their attached
processes are not to be seen again, because i cant switch to them, and
the login-shell i get is attached to the tty as parent and not to the
screen-process...
26419 tty2     S      0:00 -bash
11938 ?        S      0:00 SCREEN
11939 pts/4    S      0:00  \_ /bin/bash
11942 pts/5    S      0:00  \_ /bin/bash
11945 pts/6    S      0:00  \_ /bin/bash

any ideas?
is it connected with the authentification procedure that obtains the tty
used before and kicks screen's posession of it?

thanx,
Gerald.