Re: SSSCA (was Re: OT or relevent?)

on Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 10:26:13AM +0200, Johnny Ernst Nielsen (j.e.nielsen@iname.com) wrote:
> Would this act have any impact on non US citizens and our use of free
> software?
> I live in Denmark, Europe.

You might find yourself with much better employment prospects.

The SSSCA isn't based on existing treaty agreements, that I'm aware
(unlike the DMCA).  Though the trend in international copyright treaties
seems to be to find a strong point in the world, then "normalize" toward
it.

If the enforcement of the DMCA is a guide, you might not want to travel
to the US if you're involved in authoring free software, should this law
pass.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org