Re: OT: netfilter inquiry

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 10:10:22AM +0800, Rino Mardo wrote:
> here's the message i'm getting:
>
> ip_tables: (c)2000 Netfilter core team
> ip_conntrack (1023 buckets, 8184 max)
> iptables: Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
> iptables v1.2.3: log-level `info' ambiguous
>
> the third line is what i was getting with version 1.2 that's why i upgraded.
> the last line i got only when i upgraded to version 1.2.3 and i don't see why
> it would be ambiguous.

As for line 3, I would make sure that everything is properly selected in your
kernel configuration, and that the modules (if you're using modules) are getting
loaded. As for thr 4th line, that's a recent bug. You can get around it by using
the log-level number instead (3 or 4... I can't remember which one is info).

--
John Patton                      patton66@home.com

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who
find it."  - Andre Gide