Re: source.list error recovery

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 12:47 pm, Jacques Normand wrote:
> I've just played with some unstable packages lists and it doesn't behave
> like I want. Is there any way to downgrade all packages to the latest
> avaibled in the corrected sources.list. I mean a softer way than a
> reinstall ;-)

I've never tried that before.  Perhaps you can try an

apt-get --reinstall install [packages]

with the corrected source list.

Hopefully someone else will chime in saying if this will work or not.  Since
the versions installed will still be newer than what's available in the new
sources list, I'd guess the above won't do what you want.

If you only hosed a few packages, you could try doing it by hand.  If it's an
entire system, you might be shafted.