Re: Help with install: Woody

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 03:09:20PM -0700, Lars Jensen wrote:
| How do I install woody over a ppp connection?
|
| Here's what I've done so far:
| First I downloaded the images and created the three installation
| floppies,
|
| rescue.bin, root.bin, drivers.bin.
|
| The installation goes fine until the installer asks where to find the
| base system. I'm not sure what to do at this point? I have looked around
| on the debian ftp site, and I don't see any base.tgz or anything like
| that. Which files are the installer looking for? Where do I find them?

base2_2.tgz.  It's not a small file so floppies aren't a good choice
of transport medium.  Also, to get ppp to work you need chat and pppd
(and maybe other stuff they depend on) so you kinda need that base
system first.  Can you get ethernet on that machine?  Can you burn a
CD?  Can you temporarily move the hd to a different machine with a
better connection (ie ethernet)?
-D