Re: logrotate still not workin

> On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 15:12, nate wrote:

> Dumb question for you, but you have logrotate set to not run
> daily/weekly etc in the global part of the config file do you?
> That could be overriding the size limits you want it to follow.

not dumb if it helps me fix the problem :)

currently the global config has it to rotate weekly.

according to the manpage for logrotate:
Each configuration file can set
global options (local definitions  override  global  ones,
and later definitions override earlier ones) and specify a
logfile to rotate.

sorry it took so long to reply ive been busy!! i just
checked again after i made those modifications and the logs
have again been rotated several times(more then once
a week):

backup-wa:/var/log/radacct/ras-ca# ls -l
total 20
-rw-r-----    1 root     adm          1316 Sep 24 09:24 detail
-rw-r-----    1 root     adm          5260 Sep 24 02:05 detail.0
-rw-r-----    1 root     adm           522 Sep 22 21:53 detail.1.gz
-rw-r-----    1 root     adm            29 Sep 21 06:40 detail.2.gz

just for kicks here is my entire logrotate.conf:
# see "man logrotate" for details
# rotate log files weekly
weekly

# keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs
rotate 4

# send errors to root
errors root

# create new (empty) log files after rotating old ones
create

# uncomment this if you want your log files compressed
compress

# RPM packages drop log rotation information into this directory
include /etc/logrotate.d

# no packages own wtmp or btmp -- we'll rotate them here
/var/log/wtmp {
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1
}

/var/log/btmp {
    missingok
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1
}

# system-specific logs may be configured here

/var/log/radacct/ras-ca/detail {
	size=10000k
	create 0664 root adm
	rotate 10
	postrotate
			/etc/init.d/radiusd restart
	endscript
}
/var/log/radacct/ras-nh/detail {
        size=10000k
        create 0664 root adm
        rotate 10
        postrotate
                        /etc/init.d/radiusd restart
        endscript
}
/var/log/radacct/cis-vpn-wa.mysite.com/detail {
        size=10000k
        create 0664 root adm
        rotate 10
        postrotate
                        /etc/init.d/radiusd restart
        endscript
}
/var/log/radacct/cis-vpn-ca.mysite.com/detail {
        size=10000k
        create 0664 root adm
        rotate 10
        postrotate
                        /etc/init.d/radiusd restart
        endscript
}
/var/log/radacct/cis-vpn-nh.mysite.com/detail {
        size=10000k
        create 0664 root adm
        rotate 10
        postrotate
                        /etc/init.d/radiusd restart
        endscript
}

--end of file--
(i changed the domain names ....so mysite.com would be
my real domain ..)

any other hints ?? thanks!

nate