Re. Window Manager

I still have troubles. Following noahm, I used
"update-alternatives --config x-window-manager" to
reset the window manager to icewm. Despite this
change, when I shut down and restarted, it still went
into enlightenment.

When I used locate .xsession, the only thing that I
found was .xsession-errors. I then played with it and
was able to read /root/.xsession where the only text
said that enlightenment had changed the
window-manager. When I tried to edit this out, using
gedit and gnote, the only editors that enlightenment
allows me, these programs could not find
/root/.xsession.

I got into this trouble by simply executing
enlightenment. When I tried to do the reverse by
executing icewm, the response was that another window
manager is running.