From: Timeboy <timohart@gmx.at>
To: todd mansill <todd_ck@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Strange delays - new to this Please Help! Thanks
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 12:10:59 +0200

On Sunday Sep 23 01:34 todd mansill wrote:

> ** cnet is an application program which will (when asked to run) let you
> ** simulate a network. The network is the one that you have defined by the
> ** network, transport, etc layers that you write. It is an educational
> ** simulator. So is not the problem with the hangs. The professor who wrote the
> ** program insures me that I have it setup right and that the problem is
> ** elsewhere.

And he is shure that you can run this tool on Debian? Much surces are not
compatible to all destributions. For instance, an Application that runs
perfect on a Redhat system has to be modyfied to get it running without
trouble on a Debian system. This is cause some pathes of config files are
diffrent on each system. And there are also diffrent device files and so
on.

I don't know why you need this cnet. How i mean the debian package netbase
will do the same. Every Linux system acts like a network. Even if you have
it installed on a single box. Linux is a multi user system. Isn't it
possible that cnet makes trouble cause there are running all the Debian
network tools and daemons too? Or du you fixed it and my idea isn't right?

Timo

--
Nothing is impossible!

You only need to know the way.