More details: Problems with crosscompilation of 2.0.38 on potato with 2.4.9 kernel

I just want to add a few more details to my previous post:

> I receive the following errors:
> make[2]: *** [fastdep] Error 135
> make[2]: Leaving directory /tmp/linux/drivers/char'
> make[1]: *** [fastdep] Error 2
> What is the cause of that error, and how to cure it?

The source of problem is the "mkdep" program, which fails causing the "bus
error". I have taken the mkdep.c file form the "2.4.9" kernel and replaced
the old version in 2.0.38 kernel tree with it.
Now the kernel compiles smoothly, but I'm a little worried if I haven't
introduced another difficult to find error (i dislike solutions which I
don't understand ;-) ).

--
				TIA & Regards,
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny