Re: euro symbol and debian sid

On Thursday Sep 20 22:38 Thomas Apel wrote:
> ** On Thursday, 20. September 2001 00:27, tim wrote:
> ** >
> ** > I cant figure out how to get full euro support in X and console. I am
> ** > already using -15 fonts and locale.gen is set to "de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15".
> **
> ** After generating the locales I changed my config to...
> **
> ** /etc/environment:
> ** LANG=de_DE@euro
> ** LC_ALL=de_DE@euro
> **
> ** /etc/console/config:
> ** SCREEN_FONT=lat0-16

I love this mailing list! I never asked this question but at latest next
year, i need the euro sign too. Yesterday i tryed this configuratin and
it workes fine. But it seems that some apps don't use this system wide
configuretion. I use Gnome and most tools i have installed are now able
to view/write the euro sign. But some not. Does anybody knows why?

Timo

--
Nothing is impossible!

You only need to know the way.