Re: tiger reports

Hall Stevenson wrote:

> Check the archives of this list for a discussion of this topic
> from about 2-3 months ago (not sure of the date really
> though...). One of the package maintainers brought this up and
> it turned into quite an active thread as I recall.

I couldn't find anything in debian-user for 2001. Do you recall the
subject line?

I found a discussion in debian-devel for June 2000 that was mildly
informative. There was a proposal then to add information about the
standard uids to /usr/share/doc/base-passwd/README, but this does
not seem to have happened.

Craig