apt-get & packages marked as rc

Hi,

Is there any way to remove all the packages at a stretch using apt or dpkg
?

When we do apt-get remove the configuration files are retained. Now say I
want to remove all these packges permenantly along with the configuration
files, How to do that ? At present I am doing dpkg --purge <all the
packages>. Is there any better way ?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

--