Re: Using mouse in console and X?

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 01:24:01AM +0200, A.R. (Tom) Peters wrote:
| I installed Progeny, which features XF86v4 .  It didn't install gpm, so I
| did that; I used the same gpm.conf that I had, which works fine now:
| 	type=ps2
| 	device=/dev/psaux
| 	repeat_type=ms3
|
| However, in X the mouse runs berserk.
| Progeny's XF86Config-4 has:
| 	Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
| I used to have:
| 	Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
| but that works even worse now.
|
| Suggestions?

What protocol did you tell X to use?  If it doesn't match gpm's repeat
type it will act weird.  My recommendation is to use the same protocol
in both gpm and X and set repeat type to 'raw'.  My config has :

--------------
repeat_type=raw # same as reading directly from the hardware
type=imps2

        Option      "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"
        # Note: Protocol must match the 'type' set to gpm
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"

BTW, I found that with libggi the protocol must be 'lnxusb' not
'imps2'.

HTH,
-D