Re: fbset -- fixed!

Thus spake Wayne Topa:
> dman(dsh8290@rit.edu) is reported to have said:
> > According to the docs, lilo can't handle hex numbers.  The docs say
> > you need to convert it to decimal first, then put the decimal number
> > in lilo.conf.  (I use grub and it handles hex numbers fine)
>
> Yes, I read that too.  So much for the docs..  I have used the
> following in lilo.conf ever since the fb was introduced.
>
> VGA     = 0x31A
>
> --
> It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature.
 Thanks for everybody who wrote back - apparently I misread the docs.
 It was just a syntax problem - I had originally tried the various vga=
 options before I got to any of my listed boot options (I have two
 2.4.9 kernels and a memtest option in /etc/lilo.conf) and then an
 append option in the 2.4.9 kernel that has the fb options enabled in
 the kernel.  The correct option after rereading the docs is as follows:
 (for the Rage 128 series chips, at any rate)

 image=/vmlinuz
 	append="video=aty128fb:1024x768-24@60"
 	label=Linux

 This is a resolution of 1024x769 with 24bpp color at 60Hz refresh rate.
 Thanks again, everybody,
 Steve

--
:wq