RE: Woody install from the net

The instructions I was giving assumed you could download the ~80Mb from the
/dists/testing/main/disks-XXXX/current/ directory to a Windows partition. If
you do this, you don't need **any** floppies. The base system is installed
directly from the hard drive. See s. 6.3 of the Debian Installation
Instructions, at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-rescue-boot.en.html#s-install-
drive.

I do not know if you can do a network installation over PPP.

I would also recommend that you post back to the list with questions such as
these (rather than by replying by private email), as someone else may be
better able to answer the questions. I have cc'd this to the list.

Bruce

<snip>