Re: running dot matrix printers in Linux

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've checked the printer compatibility list, and most printers that
> are listed are either inkjet or laser printers. Is there any way to
> print using dot matrix printers? I still have an old Epson LX-300
> printer on my desk - would appreciate if it would work in Linux. I
> also have an HP Deskjet 670c but the prohibitive cost of HP ink
> cartridges here in the Philippines is quite a turn off. Any help on
> this?
>
> Paolo Falcone

> www.edsamail.com

Yes, I believe the various printing filters use ghostscript. The ghostscript
name for the epson dot matrix printer device is simply "epson".
The various filters may use different script names. I am only familiar
with "magicfilter. The specific script for epson in magicfilter
is "epson9-filter".