Xfree 4.0.1 corrupted in testing?

Hi all,

I uprgaded from Debian Potato Progeny (with Xfree 402, kernel
2.2.19/2.4.5) to testing yesterday. Update was succesfull, but know dri
is disabled (agp and dri are compiled into the kernel and runs fine with
both kernels before update). I even compiled a new 2.4.9 kernel, no
success. In the archives I found some mails refers to the same problem,
but no solution. Maybe this helps: got a matrox G400 card.

Maybe I need a downgrade, are the any easy ways?

Thanks, Sven