Re: sendmail or perl: which is the bad one..

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:56:40 +0200, Robert Waldner writes:
>On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:04:40 EDT, Richard A Nelson writes:
>>On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Robert Waldner wrote:
<can´t run sendmailconfig: perl- or sendmail-issue

>>Yup, perl is to old to understand character classes
>>
>>> sendmail is "8.11.3+8.12.0.Beta7-8".
>>
>>I corrected that problem in a later sendmail release - upgrade
>>and you should be fine.
>
>Ok, I´ll try tomorrow: `apt-get install sendmail/unstable`. Tomorrow
> ´cause I think tonight it´s backup-time ;-)

Uh-oh, I probably don´t want to do that:

waldner@wz:/etc/mail$ sudo apt-get -s install sendmail/unstable
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Selected version 8.12.0-2 (Debian:unstable) for sendmail
  libgnorbagtk0 libsdl1.2 libsdl1.2-oss libsmpeg0 perl sendmail smpeg-gtv
  smpeg-plaympeg xmps-common
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  a2ps acct atftpd cvs debconf esound esound-common gnome-bin gnome-card-games
  gnome-core gnome-games gnome-gataxx gnome-glines gnome-gnibbles
  gnome-gnobots2 gnome-gnometris gnome-gnomine gnome-gnotravex gnome-gtali
  gnome-gturing gnome-iagno gnome-libs-data gnome-mahjongg gnome-napster
  gnome-same-gnome gnome-stones gnome-xbill gnomeicu gpgp gs leafnode libesd0
  libgnome32 libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32 libgnorba27 libgtk-imlib-perl
  libgtk-perl libhtml-parser-perl libmime-base64-perl libpaperg libsdl1.0
  libsdl1.1 liburi-perl libwmf0 libwww-perl libzvt2 lynx lynx-ssl mswordview
  netpbm perl-5.005 perl-5.005-base perl-tk ssh-askpass-gnome xmps
  libsdl1.2 libsdl1.2-oss perl
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  perl-5.005-base (due to perl-base)

Any other hints? I don´t care about the gnome-stuff, but atftpd, a2ps,
 debconf(!) ... not to mention the libs.

cheers+tia,
&rw
--
-- Why am I now thinking of things-to-do involving unzipping
-- a gzip-archive containing nothing more than a terabyte of