Open Office 632 or 638 will not install on Woody since last upgrade-any ideas?

I had version 632 of Open Office running on my Debian Woody Linux test
box, using KDE 2.2. I decided KDE was not ready for my type of usage
(too slow) so I installed Gnome and Enlightenment which I had previously
run with no problems with open Office 632. Now I have removed Open
Office since it quit working with my newly installed Gnome desktop, and
I am trying to reinstall it. It craps out right after the opening
install screens,,,,seems to freeze. That happens in both versions. Any
ideas??
Thanks
John