Re: How to Bastille a Debian System?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 10:36:26AM -0500, Lance Peterson wrote:
> Since the Bastille project only supports RedHat and Mandrake (so says
> their web site), how would I go about hardening my Debian System in the
> same way that Bastille does for the other distros?
>
> Maybe if I knew what got hardened, I could harden it myself (now get
> your minds out of the gutter here - I know that sounds bad!!)
>
> Lance Peterson

$ apt-cache search harden
harden-clients - Avoid servers that are known to be insecure.
harden-doc - Tools to enhance or analyze the security.
harden-environment - Hardend system environment.
harden-localflaws - Avoid packages with security holes.
harden-remoteflaws - Avoid packages with security holes.
harden-servers - Avoid servers that are known to be insecure.
harden-tools - Tools to enhance or analyze the security.
kernel-patch-2.2.19-harden - Some security related kernelpatches
task-harden - Harden your system

This is on unstable.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix