booting from floppy fails on scsi-PC

Hello
I am sure this question has been answered so many
times but nevertheless  I hope someone could point
me to the link
in the archieves or wherelse which helps me to
solve my problem.

As I have described some days ago under subject
'want to install potato'
my pc is a pentium 90 with a scsi ADAPTEC AHA 2940
an two
HD SCSI drives.
I can't boot from cd-rom so I had to rawrite2 the
boot-floppy with
rescue.bin.
Unfortunatley while booting from floppy the system
will hang (though I am
sure that the AHA 2940 will be recognized).
I suppose that I have not the right rescue.bin on
my boot floppy but I don't
know for which one I have to look for or where I
can find it.
Any comments, any suggestions ?

I can't tell now the boot messages because I am at
work and my
pc is at home. So the the links to the HOWTOs or
any other stuff
for reading (and understanding) would be enough.

Thanks in advance
Christian