eth0: MII is missing

I'm now using woody on PIII with kernel 2.4.9-686. A few days before I suddenly noticed that pcmcia module reports that "eth0: MII is missing".

There is no such a warning when using kernel 2.2.18pre21 with pcmcia-modules.

I'm using D-Link DFE-650TX, a NE2000 comptible.

Even though networking operations seem to be OK so far, I'd like to know what's the cause of the warning and how I can fix it.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!