Re: cdrecord

On 17 Sep 2001 06:40:31 +0800, csj writes:
>On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 06:07, Robert Waldner wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:37:21 PDT, jjheuring writes:
>> >Linux 2.2.19pre17-compact #1 Mon Apr 2 01:35:19 PDT 2001 i686 unknown
>> >ide BTC cdrw
>> >
>> >just did an 'apt-get install cdrecord'
>> >
>> >as I understand I should not have to recompile my kernel or edit
>> >lilo.conf
>>
>> For IDE-writers you have to have IDE-SCSI-support in your kernel, so
>>  you´ll quite probably will have to roll your own. See the cdrecord-docs
>>  for the IDE-SCSI-bit and search the mailinglist-archives for the
>>  Debian-way of compiling and installing custom kernels (there´s
>>  documentation in /usr/doc/.. somewhere, but that´s at a level of
>>  complexitivity as to be somewhat useless </rant>).

<...>
>BTW the prepackaged kernel should contain all the cruft you should hope
>to need.

I humbly stand corrected.

Well, anyhow:

waldner@ka:~$ locate ide-scsi
/lib/modules/2.2.17/scsi/ide-scsi.o
/lib/modules/2.2.19/scsi/ide-scsi.o

So, add the mentioned line to /etc/lilo.conf, reboot,
 `modprobe ide-scsi; cdrecord --scanbus`, if successful, start burning.
You may want to add the module to /etc/modules when it works, so you
 don´t have to load it by hand every time you want to use your writer.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- My name is sendmail.cf.